The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a German political foundation, headquartered in Bonn and Berlin. With its Vietnam Office in Hanoi opened in 1990, FES is one of the first international non-profit organisations to work in the country. As a political foundation, we base our work on the principles of promoting democracy, the rule of law and political participation, sustainable development, social justice and international partnership. The close and long-standing cooperation with local partners forms the backbone of FES’ work in Vietnam. The Vietnamese partner organisations of FES are central actors in the fields of politics, economic development and political education.
FES seeks to contract a full-time Project Assistant for the duration from 1st February 2020 till 30th September with option of extension until 30th April 2021. The position is based in the office of FES Vietnam in Hanoi.
· Preparation, implementation, and follow up of activities in the FES National Project in collaboration with colleagues, with the focus on labour relations, rule of law projects
· Administrative and financial work in relation with the activities
· Interpretation and translation of project documents, workshop material and other documents
· Accompanying international experts and delegations visiting Vietnam
· Independent writing of reports on activities
· Editorial responsibility for all websites of FES
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; language skills in German are an asset
· Experience in similar position in a project/programme
· Strong computer skills, especially MS Office
· Organisational and analytical skills, problem-solving skills and ability to produce high-quality results under time pressure
· Willing to take on responsibility, work independently and efficiently and travel for work if necessary
· Flexibility and adaptability
· Vietnamese nationality
FES offers good working conditions and a dynamic, multi-cultural environment.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send an application dossier including CV, copies of relevant certificates, references and letter of motivation in German or in English, either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung Vietnam, 7 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
The deadline for submission of application is 20th December 2019. Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks after the deadline.