Position: Administrative Secretary/Accountant
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a German political foundation, headquartered in Bonn and Berlin. With its Vietnam Office in Hanoi opened in 1990, FES was one of the first international non-profit organisations to work in the country. As a political foundation, we base our work on the principles of promoting democracy, the rule of law and political participation, sustainable development, social justice and international partnership. The close and long-standing cooperation with local partners forms the backbone of FES’ work in Vietnam. The Vietnamese partner organisations of FES are central actors in the fields of politics, economic development and political education.
The EU/FES funded project "Business and Human Rights in Trade Relations and Global Supply Chains in Vietnam", implemented by FES and Centre for Development and Integration (CDI), seeks to contract a full time Administrative Secretary/Accountant for the duration of 01 April 2018 – 31 March 2019 with the possibility of a two-year extension. The position is based in the office of FES Vietnam in Hanoi.
• Ensure daily accountancy for project activities, budget overview
• Maintain accounting and other financial files up-to-date and in a secure environment
• Manage staff payments and fees for local and/or international short-term experts in accordance with legal and financial regulations, respecting all deadlines
• Prepare financial reports on project related expenditures in line with the EU financial regulations
• Administrative support to all logistics of project activities/events implemented by FES
• Light translation of project documents
• Assistance to project coordinator and project steering committee
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as finance, accounting or business administration
• Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and Vietnamese
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
• Experience in similar position in a project/programme in international development cooperation is an advantage
• Knowledge on local legislation - particularly concerning taxation and social insurance
• Experience in finance monitoring and budget planning
• Strong computer skills, especially MS Excel
• Ability to understand and contribute to effective and efficient project administration
• Problem-solving skills and ability to produce high-quality results within tight deadlines
FES offers good working conditions and a dynamic, multi-culture environment. Successful candidate will also have the opportunity of a 2-year contract extension and full exposure to the entire life-span of a EU-funded project.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send an application dossier including CV, copies of relevant certificates, references and letter of motivation in English, either by email to info(at)fes-vietnam.org or by post to:
Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Vietnam, 7 Ba Huyen Thanh Quan, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
The deadline for submission of application is 15 December 2017. Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 weeks after the deadline.